The Sunsail Container Farms are pre-fabricated, mobile hydroponic systems to grow food anywhere, anytime. Simply connect water and electricity to start your climate-independent plant production.
Feed your animals, become the supplier for your restaurant, or simply start your own agricultural business with Sunsail Aquafarming Container Farms.
The Veggiebox 40
- Produce food all year round
- No worries about pests
- Pesticide-free and food safe produce
- Harvest monthly, weekly or even daily
- Uses only 80 liter of water per day
- Output up to 360kg of produce per month
- Grows 1 acre (4000m2) of crops, while using 90% less water
- Compact and self-contained, produce right in your parking lot
- Easily moved to a different location as demand shifts
The Fodderbox 40
- Produces fodder or microgreens
- Fodders include barley, maize, sorghum, wheat, oats, rye, alfalfa
- Output about 500kg of fodder per day, all year round
- Feeds about 20 cows, 10 horses or 2000 chicken daily
- High yield in a very small area, reduces your daily feed costs.
- High nutritional value, high digestibility, Vitamins & minerals
- Phytate reduction for pH normalization, high Enzymatic activity
- Stimulates appetite during heat stress
- High in Omega 3, amino acids, natural hormones
Our container farms are designed for easy visibility and accessibility of crops, with wide walkways for comfortable access to all working areas.
Sunsail Aquafarming containers use “plug and play” concept for simple installation of the container on site.
Even after launch of your successful operation our service team will always be only a phone call away.
Not sure about a big farming container? No problem, you can get a half-container of 6 meter or let us design and build your personal dream of a custom farm.
Our container farms only require the core essentials of farming: seeding, transplanting, and harvesting (with very little maintenance required).
What some might consider a part-time job (15–20 labor hours per week) is all that it takes to run a revenue generating farm.
This is especially important in areas suffering from chronic water shortages or where the infrastructure for irrigation does not exist.
Hydroponic fodder is by no means a new concept and has been readily accepted and implemented in New Zealand and Australia, where record breaking heat waves are leaving many farmers grain stocks dwindling.
The crude protein (CP), neutral detergent fiber (NDF), acid detergent fiber (ADF) and Ca contents increase, but organic matter (OM) and non-fibrous carbohydrate (NFC) contents decrease in the hydroponic green forage compared with the original seed on a dry matter basis.
Besides, helping in the elimination of the anti-nutritional factors such as phytate in the grains, hydroponic fodders are good sources of chlorophyll and contain a grass juice factor that improves the performance of livestock. The crop is free from antibiotics, hormones, pesticides, or herbicides.
It can also increase the quality of meat and other products of swine and poultry. Hydroponic fodder production is a way to substantially improve the quality of animal products.
On daily feeding of 10 kg hydroponic fodder per cow, farmers can save 1.0 kg concentrate mixture per cow with further enhancement of 1.0 liter milk per cow per day. Young calves fed with 1-2 kg hydroponic fodder gain higher body weight with better skin coat.
Not only will the animals be healthier and have a better quality of life, they will also be more productive and profitable, while waste and spoilage are virtually eliminated.
START PRODUCING FODDER WITH 3 SIMPLE STEPS
Lay the washed, cleaned and soaked seeds into the trays and load them into the system.
The fully automated irrigation and lights provide everything the seeds need to grow.
After 7 days you have produced a thick mat of green sprouts to feed your livestock with high nutritional content.